I-Genius Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Web-COSI, will be processed by Web-COSI. Please read the following carefully to understand Web-COSI’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how Web-COSI will treat it. By visiting http://www.webcosi.eu you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is I-Genius Limited of 10 Colthurst Crescent, London, N4 2DS.
- Information Web-COSI may collect from you
Web-COSI may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Web-COSI. You may give Web-COSI information about you by filling in forms on our site http://www.webcosi.eu or by corresponding with Web-COSI by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Web-COSI site, place an order via Web-COSI to attend an event, subscribe to Web-CSI newsletter, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on Web-COSI site, enter a competition or survey, and when you report a problem with the Web-COSI site. The information you give Web-COSI may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information collected about you. With regard to each of your visits to Web-COSI site Web-COSI may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information received from project partner sources. We may receive information about you from Istat, OECD, Lunaria, and i-genius.
Cookie files are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer and contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
If you continue to use our site, you agree to our use of a cookie.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- Uses made of the information
Web-COSI use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to Web-COSI. Web-COSI will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to Web-COSI service;
- to ensure that content from Web-COSI site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information Web-COSI collect about you. Web-COSI will use this information:
- to administer Web-COSI website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Web-COSI website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of Web-COSI’s efforts to keep our site safe and secure
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
If you do not want us to use your data in the above ways, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or send us an email to email@example.com.
- Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Web-COSI may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist Web-COSI in the improvement and optimisation of the Web-COSI website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If I-Genius Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.