Relationship between Social Entrepreneurship and Data and Statistics
Web-COSI is an EU project delivered by Istat, OECD, Lunaria and i-genius, which seeks to improve the way society engages with statistics beyond GDP – ‘statistics for everyone’.
In 2014, the official Web-COSI website, wikiprogress data portal, university programme, youth portal and brochure were created, as well as many digital initiatives completed, reports and presentations shared and events held. This year the Web-COSI team will be digging into the relationship social entrepreneurs have with data and statistics in addition to an EU seminar, workshop and more reports and presentations for you to enjoy and get involved with.
Consortium partner i-genius, will be leading on the relationship between social entrepreneurs and data. Specifically, i-genius will be focusing on how social entrepreneurs use data to:
1. Get started, e.g. assess social needs
2. Forster their ventures, e.g. raise finance
3. Evaluate and measure impact
4. Better understand and communicate the overall phenomenon of social entrepreneurship
This feature of the project will kick off with i-genius organising a working group in London (February 19th), four focus groups around Europe, a report, film, and concluding with a conference at the OECD, Paris in December.
How you can be involved:
1. Visit and use the data mapping website: http://wikiprogressdata.org
3. Sign up to Web-COSI newsletters
4. Offer your expertise if you are engaging with statistics in an interesting way firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Request an invitation to one or more of the above i-genius hosted events (limited places) email@example.com